Sunday 17 October 2010

Banana and Sultana Muffins - My first post!

My very first blog post, how exciting!

Banana Muffins straight out of the oven!

Having a quiet Sunday at home alone I decided to get creative and make some cakes to keep myself busy.. but it also had to be using ingredients that I already had so that I could be super lazy without a need to leave the house!
With a bunch of use over-ripe bananas that I had in the fruit bowl my decision was made! Having never made a good banana cake before, I went to my Australian Women's Weekly bible 'Cupcakes & Baking' for inspiration..and came across a banana muffin recipe which I've tinkered with to come up with my version below:

Ingredients:

2 1/4 Cups (335g) Self Raising Flour
3/4 Cup (165g) Caster Sugar
1/2 Cup (65g) Chopped Sultanas
1/2 Cup (70g) Coarsley chopped Pecans
1 Tsp Mixed Spice
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
2/3 Cup (135g) Mashed Banana
2 Eggs, beaten lightly
1 Cup (250ml) Milk
1/2 Cup (125ml) Vegetable Oil

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 200°C /180°C if fan assisted.
  2. Sift flour and sugar into a large bowl; stir in sultanas and pecans with mixed spice and cinnamon.
  3. Combine the rest of the ingredients together and then add to the flour mixture. Just mix until well combined but dont overmix as it is supposed to be lumpy.
  4. Transfer the mixture into 18 cake cases or silicone moulds and bake for 20 - 25 mins. They should be golden brown and springy to the touch when ready. If they're paler on top they're likely to be a bit more gooey on the inside too - so play it by ear depending on your oven and your cake preference!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio